lundi, juillet 14, 2008

Yesterday, Lisa, the boys, and I woke, got ready and went to Bethel Presbyterian Church (PCA) for worship services. Pastor Steve is preaching through the Creed. Yesterday's sermon was on "He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried" and it was very good.

Bethel is fairly liturgical for a modern Presbyterian Church, which I like because I prefer a more liturgical form of worship. We also celebrate the Eucharist every Lord's Day.

After worship service, we went to Tequila's Restaurant for dinner, then we came home. Most Sunday's we avoid work around the house, but this Sunday we had an ox in the ditch and so we had work to do. Lisa and I spent much of the rest of the day painting in our future family room.

Christian recently informed us that he has been engaged since April. We already know his fiancée. She is a pretty young lady from NW Pennsylvania. Her name is Jessica. We should have known that she was special, when he brought her home for a visit earlier this year.

Last night my 12 year old asked that I cook my only specialty for supper, so I made pain perdu (known as French Toast in non-Cajun Americans) for supper. Our daughter, Morgan came to visit and my pain perdu is one her favourites as well, so she joined us for supper.

After supper MK came over to visit. We opened a bottle of wine and sat on the porch and visited. Lisa and Morgan joined us on the porch for a little while. After the bottle was gone, MK and I went for a walk around the neighbourhood and spent that time in prayer.

It was a good Sunday.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

2 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…

Hey I was on the Nimitz...

Cajun Huguenot a dit…

Cool.

Yep, My soon to be daughter-in-law is ship's company.

I nrver made it on the Nimitz. I did make it to the Ike number of times when we were with her in the Gulf of Oman and the I.O.

Kenith