samedi, juillet 19, 2008

Thursday evening I joined Woody and his neighbour Bob for a beer. We sat in ice chests in Woody's driveway and talked. Bob is retired. He is originally from Tupelo, MS. It was a fun visit. He told stories about moving to Cajun Country from from dry (no alcohol), Baptist part of Mississippi to South Louisiana.

Yesterday, I the refinery rescue team had its monthly eight hour training day, so I did not work my regular job as top operator. I got home from work a little after 5PM. Morgan and Elizabeth were visiting with Lisa and the boys.

Later that evening, after every one had gone home, Lisa and I decided to go dancing. I had learned that Barry Badon & the Bayou Boys were playing at the Isle of Capri's Caribbean Cove Lounge. I had heard that Barry Badon would play music I liked, so we went there to check it out.

Barry Badon and his band were great. Lisa and I danced to almost every song they played. They played, Cajun, Swamp Pop, Zydeco, and some old time rock and roll. The only problem we had was the dance floor was so crowded that it was hard to jitter-bug without bumping into someone.

We passed a good time.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: