mercredi, juillet 16, 2008

Monday, the boys and I went to Longville to visit the folks. Mom and dad have one chickens that have just hatched bunch of chicks and another chicken that was hatching a brood of chicks while we were there.
Before going to my parents we did a little fishing at my sister's pond. We caught a few fish but we released them, mostly because I did not feel like cleaning fish that afternoon.

Yesterday, I returned to work. Shortly after I reached our control room the sky ripped open and let loose a torrent of rain. We got more than four inches in a few hours. Much of the refinery was soon under water.

The only good thing to come from it was all the maintanance hands were rained out and sent home.

Work today was very busy. We have to catch up for what we missed yesterday.

In the book department, I've finished the Aeneid by Virgil. I enjoyed it. It was very Homer like, which I expected. I also finished Nathaniel Philbrick's Mayflower: A Story of Courage, Community and War. This a fascinating book about the English Pilgrims, Puritans and the Indians of New England. I highly recommend the work. My only critical point is I think he gives the native Americans a little to much "benefit of the doubt" on a few occasions. If you like American history this is a great book to read.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: