mercredi, mars 19, 2008

I finished my graveyard shift this morning. We had a busy set of nights at work. Usually nights are rather slow. You get to work, make relief with the person who work the same job that day, get a cup off coffee, log onto a computer, read the notes from the previous shift, read your orders for the night, check your email, and then make a round through your units (i.e. if you are an "outside operator" you go to your units and check out your equipment or if your on the "board person" and running things from the control room , you look over the units on several computer screens. You observe the flows, temperatures pressures, etc... on on your equipment).

We had lots of pumps, compressors, units and other items to prepare or put back in service this series of nights, so that kept us busy, The units that were running were struggling so the folks running the board (the control computers) were also busy. I'm the "top operator" on our shift. The top operator is not a foreman, the "top" is more like a lead man. The "top" works with both the inside and outside operators. He also is the one who communicates with the shift foreman.

Well, I finished this morning and I've started vacation and won't go back to work for a couple of weeks. Hallelujah!!!!

I hope to take the boys fishing Friday. They start their Easter holiday on Good Friday.

One more thing. Today is the 25th anniversary of Lisa and my first date. I had flowers sent to her at work today. I can remember the day of our first date because it was three days before my 23 birthday.

Our first date was a near blind date. I had seen her once before, from a distance, in the dark. My brother Terry decided to set us up. He bugged me for days to go out with Lisa, I was not sure what she looked like, and finally gave in and agreed to a double date, just to get him off my back.

Lisa and I met on March 19, 1983 and five and a half months later we got married. We've had our bumps, but it has been a good match. We have had a good relationship. I've got as good or better marriage than anyone else I know. God has blessed me with a beautiful wife, who is my best friend and the mother of our four children.

Later,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: