mercredi, mars 05, 2008

Marc, one of my best friends while in the Navy, has emailed some old pictures to me. These pictures were taken while he and I were on "Detachment" to Atzugi, Japan and on board the USS Lockwhood (1981). Here they are:

Hanger surfing after a hard rain at NAS Atzugi


Chief Bynoe and me (in my flight suit)

Me on the flight line at Atzugi.
That's me and Chief Bynoe behind me on the flight line.

Getting ready to take off. (Cool eye glasses)


Me on board the USS Lockwood.
Marc going for a flight.

The H-2 Sea Sprite a fearful war machine of the Cold War.


Our view out of the "console" widow when coming in for a landing on the Lockwood.


A little R&R on board the Lockwood

Don Ferguson, (unknown), Ric Rew, and that me in the yellow
Ric having a little fun.


Marc and me on a train somewhere in Japan

Chief Gino Fuller, Jeff Faucher and me eating in Japan

That is me at a train station.

Jeff, me and Marc at Ground Zero (Hiroshima, Japan)

The Atomic Dome - one of the few buildings to survive the atomic blast in Hiroshima. Today it's a memorial of that day when the power of the atom was released on man.
Marc, thanks for the pictures. Sorry I took so long getting them on the blog. I've been working too much.
Later,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: