samedi, mars 29, 2008

In my blog the other day I did not mention what we did Friday before last. Woody and the boys and I (later to be joined by MK) went to Longville. We went to fish at my sister's pond and Woody brought is new kayak. The fishing sucked, but we had a good time with the kayak.

----

Today the boys, my Paw-in-law and I went to Longville again. I did catch one small bass, but other than that they were not biting. After that we went to my parents house for coffee. My brother Terry had caught a bunch of bass at the pond earlier in the day. He fried them at and they were great.

Tonight I made a several posts on Christian forums' Semper Reformanda defending my post titled Luther and Erasmus. Lisa and I also went on an evening walk around the neighbourhood.

Later,
Kenith
Ps. Yes, thats me all wet in the kayak. I was the first person to flip the kayak/ I was trying to catch a small turtle.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Kenith,

Your comments are insightful and your attitude truly evangelical. I remember being around evangelicals before I became Catholic, knowing that my father's people were Catholics. I just couldn't buy their categorical exclusion of Catholics from eternal salvation. As a Catholic, I am glad to be part of a Church that recognizes the fellowship of all the baptized, even if we are not all joined in communion. Moreover, the Church recognizes that the eternal status of an individual soul is God's business and a mystery not for us to know. In fact, it's Gnosticism to think otherwise, even when someone is quite apparently living a sinful, even a despicable, life.

We simply must live out the daily drama of responding to God's love and pray for everyone. When I read your comments on Luther and Erasmus, I saw that you see Christ's Church in a way few people see it, Protestant or Catholic.

God bless you, TQ

Cajun Huguenot a dit…

TQ,

Thanks for the comments. I can remember, when my family first left the RCC, hearing from my many Catholic friends and family being concerned because they all believed that we would go to hell for leaving the RCC (that was just befor Vatican II). I also remember hearing Protestant sermons and discusions about how all Catholics were going to hell.

I have always known Catholics and Protestants who loved and followed Christ.

I have been told that I am too Catholic to be Protestant and too Prostestant to be Catholic.

Thanks again,
Kenith