dimanche, avril 25, 2004


I started Saturday by a trip to the local Jewish Temple for a book sale. I spent $26 and purchased about thirty books. They're mostly history and biography works, but I did get some poetry and philosophy, several classics and some children books. I left there with a box full of books and very pleased.

After returning from the book excursion. I loaded up the little boys and we headed for Longville. I had promised them a fishing trip, but we drove north to Longville in a downpour, so we had to cancel fishing for a while.

The boys and I went to mom and dad’s. I brought along a couple of DVD’s, because I had watched the weather before leaving the house. Dad, Terry (my youngest brother), and I watched The Count of Monte Cristo. Dad hadn’t seen it before. After watching it he was, like Terry and me, impressed with the movie.

While watching the movie, I glanced out of the storm doors into the woods behind Dad’s house and saw what I thought was a hawk land on a branch in a near by tree. Terry got out a pair of binoculars and informed us that we were looking at and owl and not a hawk. I got the binoculars and saw that it was an owl. While I was watching the owl a small branch fell from above and struck the owl. He then flew off.

The rain stopped about the same time as the movie and Terry the boys and I loaded into the truck and headed for the pond to fish. When we got to the pond we found Brian (our bro-in-law) already fishing. The perch were bighting and we caught a mess of hybrid bluegill and a few nice bass as well. The boys have a great time catching fish. I kept a mess of fish and cleaned them when we got home. We will have them for supper one night this week.

Worship services were nice. The sermon was good. I love our liturgy and we are now (for a trial period) celebrating the Lord’s Supper ever Sunday. I think that is great. It makes sense that Reformed Christians would do this weekly. We believe that the Eucharist is a means of grace. John Calvin wanted to celebrate the supper every Lord’s Day, but was prevented from doing so by the powers that be in Geneva.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: