lundi, janvier 07, 2008


GEAUX TIGERS


It is official. The LSU Tigers have beaten Ohio State for the National Championship. Way to go LSU.

Before the game, I was not feeling very good, but I did have the energy to start scanning pictures from way back when, when I was in the Navy. Many of our photos, including a good deal of my Navy pictures were destroyed by Hurricane Rita. It has taken me a while but I have finally decided to digitise what we still have, and I started today.


Here are some of my pictures from 1981. I was a member of HSL 33 and we were deployed to Atsugi, Japan. We were part of Detachment (Det) 3D. From there we went to sea several times with the frigate USS Lockwood, which was based out of Yokosaka, Japan.

Here are pictures from that cruise:

Above is Jeff Faucher removing the chains so the helicopter can take off.


This is a picture of our photographer's mate Ric Rew.


This is Brett Hodges handing me the pins to the landing gear before takeoff.

Marc Harting in the "console seat"

Marc and I were to two air crewman on this detachment. We had to full flight crews - Four officers pilots and copilots and two air crewmen.

The guy in yellow is Don Ferguson. He was the plane captain on this take off.

I will post more pictures from HSL 33 Det 3D in future posts.

Coram Deo,
Kenith




2 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…

Hey thanks for the laugh!!
I have some pictures from those days and I will try to find them and scan some for you.

Cajun Huguenot a dit…

Cool. I'd love to see the pictures that you have.

I will post more of mine soon.

Kenith