jeudi, janvier 03, 2008

Our Kids

Regrettably, I spent almost all the Christmas holiday season at work. I was forced to work a shutdown because we had to shutdown our UFH and open its catalyst regenerator for repairs. I was the shutdown top operator on nights and Mitch T was my helper.

On Monday I had to work top on both the shutdown and the live units. By Wednesday night the UFH, after much travail, was running prety good and we had a very cold but fairly quiet night at work.
Morgan told me I needed to read more modern fiction, and for Christmas she gave me Term Limits, by Vince Flynn. I laid down the other books I was reading to read this one. It was a fun read and I finished it today, despite all the overtime I've been working.
Today, I woke up about 1:00 PM and just hung around the house. Christian was here when I woke and so I was able to visit with him for a little while, before he and his sister, Morgan, left to go the Dequincy.



After they left, I made a run to Misse's Grocery Store to by a King Cake. After Misse's I went by B&O's and picked up some cracklins, hoghead cheese, and tasso.

For supper Lisa cooked shrimp and we had Shrimp pistlolettes for supper. It was wonderful.

At this moment, Lisa is asleep, I have just said the boys prayers and they have gone to bed and I am watching weaponology on the Military Channel and sipping on some hot sake. Tomorrow I have rescue team training, so I will finish this blog, my Saki and weaponology and go to sleep.


Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: