mardi, décembre 16, 2008

Tonight, I'm on the West Bank of the Mississippi River, just across the river from New Orleans. James and I are here on refinery business. We are here to look a a sister refinery on health and safety issues. We are working on getting our work place up to be as safe as possible, part of that is getting the company, workers and OSHA working together in VPP.



We are the Holiday Inn Gretna. Tomorrow will be spent at a local refinery we will then head west and home. We just ate at De-No Seafood in Gretna. It is a small local restaurant. As an appetizer I had a cup of shrimp and corn bisque. It was very good. My Red Fish was good as well and it was a more than I could eat. With the meal I had a couple of Abita Ambers with my meal and a strong cup of black coffee after the meal. At this moment Lou Dobb is on the TV. After I post this I will open my book and read until I am ready to sleep.



Coram Deo,

Kenith

2 commentaires:

Unknown a dit…

Kenny,

I used to work in the building next door to the Holiday Inn in Gretna.
As a Navy Recruiter. There is a place you have to go and eat. It is D'Martinos (sp) Get the roast beef sandwich dressed. YUMMMMM!!!

Cajun Huguenot a dit…

Hey Marc,

Sounds good, but I'll have try your recommendation next time I go that direction. I was only in Gretna that one night. I spent the day at a refinery, which catered lunch. At the end of the work day we headed back west.

Kenith