dimanche, décembre 21, 2008

Wednesday, James G. and I spent the day in the New Orleans area visiting a sister refinery, looking at their VPP stuff. At the end of the day we headed back west. In order to avoid the traffic in Baton Rouge, we headed south to Houma and Morgan City via Highway 90. We still ran into some traffic in Lafayette. We stopped in Jennings at a local Mexican Restaurant for a bite to eat and headed out. I got home a little after 9PM.
Thursday and Friday were spent either on union/company related business or running errands and taking the boys Christmas shopping for their mom. The shopping wasn't to bad because I had asked Lisa what she wanted and where I could get it. Life would have been much more difficult if I had had to figure those things out for my self. :-)

Saturday, Lisa was supposed to got to Houston to pick up Jessica, our lovely daughter-in-law, but Jessica was not able to make it to Houston and Lisa became ill, so it worked out for the best.

I took the boys to Longville for a family Christmas party. My daughter Morgan meet us at my sisters place. Morgan's been wanting to do some shooting, so I bought 50 rounds of .22 long-rifle rounds and brought my .22 revolver with me. ( I was supposed to bring my 30-30 to my dad, but I forgot it at home).

Morgan, the boys and my grandniece all did a little target shooting. Then we went into Sandy's house for the party. There was tons of food and sweets (of which I at more than I should have). I feasted on chicken and sausage gumbo, potato salad and dessert.

As things were getting started, we learned that a nephew had just killed a dear down the road, so Paul went to help him skin and dress the deer. When they arrived (cleaned up) the party got going.

This morning, Lisa and Morgan headed to Bush International Airport to pick up Jessica, who's flight, I just learned, is delayed at Denver.

I went to worship services alone this morning, so I took I took the opportunity to visit the local Orthodox Church. Saint John the Divine is affiliated with the Antiochian Orthodox Church. It was very interesting. I did not know what to expect because I had never visited an Orthodox Church before this morning.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: