mardi, février 03, 2004


I am still awake at this time in the morning because I have been awake all night for the previous five nights at work.

Craig C. and I left work this morning at about 5:45. We went to visit with Gary J. He had three glasses of wine waiting and we each enjoyed his pinot noir. It was smooth and had good body. I was impressed.

After a second glass of wine I came home; Lisa and the little boys were already up. Lisa greeted me with her beautiful smile and a kiss. Even after twenty years of marriage my heart still melts every time she smiles at me.

I slept until after 2PM. Not long after I got up the little boys came home and I had time to spend with them. We played their Game Cube for a while. Then we ate supper and I had to get ready to leave the house.

Lisa and I started dance lessons this evening. We are taking a class on a dance called "West Coast Swing." Lisa knows how to do it already, so I am the one actually taking the class and she is assisting me.

After the class I brought Lisa home, went and picked Christian (our 17 year old) from his cousins house. We got home; I said prayers with the little boys. Lisa had said them already but they wanted to pray with me (I love that!). Then Lisa went to bed.

Morgan, Christian and I then watched a movie on DVD titled Ever After. It was a cute movie.

Before the movie started, I poured myself a class of home made Stout beer that my friend Fred S. had made and given to me. I later poured myself and second glass of beer. A good movie at home with my older children with a couple of good home brews makes for an evening worth living.

Now to the sad news. We got an email from the pastor of our church to tell us that a good friend and member of our church has been diagnosed with some sort of cancer. This breaks my heart. I don't know what kind of cancer it is, but I will close this blog now and use the rest of my time awake in prayer for my friend Jimmy S. and his family.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: