mardi, février 24, 2004


Today is Mardi Gras. Lisa and I aren't taking the little boys to any of the parades this year. I really enjoy taking them to the parades, but this year I just can't keep up with them with my ribs like they are. I don't want to take them into a crowd when I am not able to hold or carry them as needed. I also will not let them go with anyone else when I am not there. I don't trust anyone enough to let them take my little boys to Mardi Gras parade without me. Christian is going to the parade with his buddy Paul, and Morgan is in New Orleans with my niece and sister.

Lisa and I are planning on going to out to with Karen and Harry K. We are supposed to eat at Outback Steakhouse. Karen and Harry are nice people. I met them through Lisa, and she met Karen at work.

Last night was a very typical evening here at our house. Starting at about 5:30 PM the little boys began doing some math homework and I helped them with their worksheets (mostly I just made sure they did their work). Then my seven year old and I went over some subtraction flashcards. At the same time Christians helped by doing addition flashcards with my six year old.

After math the boys took turns reading to their mom. While one read the other played computer games with Christian. When reading was complete the boys took their baths, and then I read a book to them. Then it was prayer time and bed time for the little boys.

I next watched a lecture (#17) by Doctor Roochnik in his series An Introduction to Greek Philosophy. This is a good series that I can, and do recommend to others. Lectures 1 through 16 go from the Pre-Socratics to Plato and then in lecture 17 Prof. Roochnik takes up Aristotle until the end of the series.

Lisa and I did some work in the Little boys' room today and that has made my ribs a little sore, so I plan to read or watch philosophy lectures for the time I have left before supper.

I know that sounds exciting!!

Remember we are to live every moment of every day -- Coram Deo

Dominus Vobiscum,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: