mardi, février 17, 2004


I was supposed to start graveyard shift last night, but we had a little minor family crisis so I took the night off. Our little crisis was resolved quickly and I was able to spend the night at home. Tonight I will be able to return to work.

I missed the liturgy at church Sunday. It will be good to get back there and worship there. I love to recite the Creed and participate in the worship in other ways as we do with our liturgy.

This weekend I did finish the article The Grace of Justification by Norman Shepherd. The article was written in 1979 and I thought it to be pretty run of the mill stuff and not the least bit controversial. I plan to read more critical stuff on Shepherd, but I do want to know what Shepherd actual said before I read what his critics say that he said.

I have found that my own words and views have been contorted and twisted by people, so I try always give the accused his say before reading his critics. Thus far I have read a recent book by Shepherd ( Call of Grace ), this article and I have listened to four hours of his lectures on the subject, so I think I am ready to read his critics.

There are several critics. One is E. Calvin Beisner of Knox Theological Seminary. I hope to read his criticisms in the next few days.

Last night MK came over with a bottle of wine. We sat at the bar in the kitchen and consumed a Wildhorse Pinot Noir (2000). It was a refreshing wine. It was not spectacular but good.

After consuming a couple of glasses each (which emptied the bottle) MK and I went for a walk. We continued of conversation for a little while, then we spent a fair amount of time in prayer while walking around the neighbourhood.

Now on to other matters: I ordered a new book this weekend. It is titled The Creed. It is a study of the Nicene Creed.

Dominus Vobiscum,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: