lundi, février 23, 2004


I thought it would be good to give Lisa a break for her birthday, so on Saturday evening Lisa and I brought the little boys to her sister's to spend the night. Then she and I went on the Beaumont. We checked into a hotel. We then went and sat in the hot tub for a while, for the sake of our injured parts (her pulled muscle and my ribs). After that we got cleaned and went out to eat.

A friend recommended Carrabba's Italian Grill, which we had never eaten at before. We followed Karen's K's advice and found the food and drinks to be very good. We had about a twenty minute wait so we took a seat at the bar. Lisa got a Margarita and I got a Long Island Tea.

We got and order of muscles (clams) as an appetizer. We had never had clams before and they were very good. Without going into further detail, let me say that every thing (both food and service) was very good. We left there and drove around a while before returning to the hotel.

It was a good, relaxing trip. We returned home yesterday afternoon. After we got home the little boys and I played frisbee for a while. They did all the running and fetching, while I stood around and through the frisbee for them to chase. We then played for a while on their game cube.

Last night MK came over. He and I drank a Kendall-Jackson Merlot while we chatted about whats been going on in our lives and beyond. MK is listening to a series of sermons on 1 Peter by Greg Bahnsen and he can't speak more highly of it than he already is. I too am listening to some tapes, but I'm listening to a book on tape. The book is Robert K. Massie's Peter the Great: His Life and World. It has been enjoyable to listen to this series as I drive to work, etc. It's forty-eight hours of tapes so it will take me a while to get through it. I've listened to countless hours of books, sermons and lectures on tape, so it won't be hard.

After some good wine and good conversation, we went for our customary walk and prayer time. We had a good season of prayer, though a soft rain began to fall while we were walking. Praying aloud with a good friend is always encouraging and uplifting. After a good time of prayer, Mike left for home and I came in and spoke with Christian for a while before going on to bed.

It was a good weekend, but as you may have gathered the little boys and I didn't get to go fishing.

Dominus Vobiscum,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: