samedi, octobre 16, 2004

I got off work at six this morning. I had a little task to do when I got home. That took about an hour, then I got ready for bed and crashed in my special room for when I’m on the graveyard shift. It is a very small, very dark, very cold room that I’ve made especially for sleeping when working graveyards. I sleep until about 2:30, then I got up and vegetated around the house for a while.

I did toss a football with my youngest son, before making a quick trip to the Lowes Hardware Store. Then I got ready for work.

Tonight we will be having more gumbo (it’s always better the next day). Mitch brought some smoked deer sausage to add to the pot. We will have a pretty good feast on that later this evening.

C. Cudd cooked some squirrels and sausage in a brown gravy today and brought it out to work. I had a nice serving of that, over some rice earlier this evening. It was very good. I need to get Cudd’s recipe. I’ve cooked my share of squirrel, but it’s never turned out that good.

We are trying to get together to make a squirrel hunt, but it doesn’t look promising for next week. However I’m hoping Christian and I can make a hunt next week. I’m also looking at taking the little boys on a little camping trip next week as well. All depends on my work and the weather.

In my reading I’ve noticed Calvin quotes from or refers to Cicero’s little book De Natura Deorum (On the Nature of the God’s). So I have acquired a copy of it and have started reading that as well as all the other “stuff” that I’m reading.

Gotta go; -- Dominus Vobiscum,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: