mercredi, octobre 27, 2004

Today was a somewhat busy day at work, especially this afternoon. The one big item we had to do was to purge and then line up one of our HDS hydrogen compressors. The whole crew jumped on the job and it and we got it done quick enough.

Christian and Ryan picked me up after work, then we went to pickup some Chinese takeout and came home. Morgan’s "beau," Sean, was at the house when we got here, and we all sat down at the new dinningroom set that Lisa purchased and enjoyed our supper.

The little boy’s were at their Reaux Reaux’s house (Lisa’s sister Rhonda) when I got home, and didn't get home until about 8 pm. My good friend David (Dah-veed), who lives in Grand Coteau called to remind us of the lunar eclipse, which had just started.

I called everyone onto the front porch to see the event. I explained what was happening to the little boys, who were soon bored, because of the eclipses slow progress. I went and got them now and then so they could witness the progress of the event. They were excited each time by the change, but were immediately ready to do other things.

I called them out again after the full eclipse was visible, then we went to their room, prayed, recited the The Apostles Creed, did our kisses and hugs and then they went to bed. I poured myself some bourbon (on ice) grabbed The Southern Essays of Richard M. Weaver and read his essay titled "The Older Religiousness in the South" while sitting alone on the front porch enjoying God’s awesome display in the heavens.

I’ve owned Weaver’s book for a number of years and I am just now reading it. I’m impressed!! This latest article was very good and useful.

It is past my bedtime, so I’m off to bed. 4:45 AM will come quickly and I am behind on my sleep quota for the week.

Dominus Vobiscum,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: