dimanche, octobre 24, 2004

Saturday MK and his son, Chester and his son, plus Christian, Ryan and I, all went to the LSU vs. Troy State game in Baton Rouge. We went in two vehicles. There was an accident on the bridge crossing the great Atchafalaya Basin , so we detoured north to highway 190. On the way back south to I-10 MK took a wrong turn and we drove a beautiful scenic route. We saw beautiful ancient cypress, and life oaks. And lots of sugar cane fields. We also passed through the town of Maringuin (Cajun for Mosquito). It was a nice drive. Then we were back on the interstate heading for Baton Rouge and Death Valley.

LSU tried awfully hard to loose the game put managed to pull out a win in the last part of the fourth quarter. The most interesting thing came at the beginning of the game, but it was not on the field but in the air above us. An owl (I think) came over, swooped down and caught something (a moth I think) and then flew off.

We had an uneventful drive home, and arrived here at two in the morning. This morning we got up and ready for church. Morgan spent the night in Longville and went to First Baptist up there. Christian and Ryan went to Bethel (PCA) and Lisa, the Little boys and I visited Trinity Lutheran Church ( Missouri Synod ), which is here in Sulphur. I enjoyed the service, though it was their “contemporary” service. I would like to visit the more traditional service. I would like to experience the traditional worship and liturgy.

I hope to take a nap this afternoon.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: