dimanche, octobre 31, 2004

This was our first Halloween (All Saints / Reformation Day) in this new neighbourhood. The little boys were excited because of all the house for them to Trick or Treat at. Our old neighbour hood was much smaller and more in the country.

We had a couple of extra kids with us last nigh. We volunteered to keep the two children of some friends so they could attend a party. Lisa and Rhonda took the children trick or treating I stayed here to hand out candy, but Christian did that job for me.

The youngest child soon tired out, and Lisa took her home. I then went with the boys to continue the quest for candy and treats. They had a blast.

This morning we (Lisa, the little boys and our two extras) went to the early (traditional) service at the Lutheran Church. I think that was fitting considering this is Reformation Sunday (the day Martin Luther nailed the 95 Thesis to the church door at Wittenberg, Germany)
If read another of Richard Weaver’s essays titled Lee’s Philosophy. Like the other two articles I found it to be an insightful work. I am still working in Calvin’s Institutes as well. Calvin is amazing and his insights are, at times, tremendous. The more I read him, the more I like him.

I have to leave this evening for rescue training in Beaumont, Tx. I am glad our week long training is so close this year, that way I can still get with the family this week. I will bring Calvin, Weaver and Cicero with me to read. I would really like to get a lot reading done in the Institutes this week.

Coram Deo,
Kenith

Aucun commentaire: